Apprenticeship 101 - Show Me Conference
- Are you having problems finding qualified persons to address your workforce needs?
- Do you want to advance current employees, but are concerned about the time and costs involved?
- Are you having problems retaining employees because of their interest in advancing their careers?
Registered Apprenticeships can be the answer to your concerns and problems. This program is Employer-Driven with a proven success rate across many U.S. industry sectors. If you are concerned about costs and administration of a new program, the VESTA program at Missouri State University (MSU) has funds available to defray some of the costs. The University also can serve as the Sponsor to minimize the administrative aspects of participation.
Through support from a grant from the MO Division of Workforce Development, MSU will be conducting Apprenticeship 101 Workshops throughout the state. These will enable Vineyard and Winery employers to understand the opportunities available through participation in Registered Apprenticeships. Employers can participate at no cost – refreshments and lunch will be included.
Each workshop will include
- Registered Apprenticeships Basics;
- Benefits for Employers and Employees;
- Grape and Wine Production Occupations Approved for Registered Apprenticeships;
- VESTA as a Sponsor of Registered Apprenticeships; and
- Services and Funding Available for Employers and Apprentices.
Representatives of VESTA and the MO Job Centers will be available to discuss how Registered Apprenticeships can address your specific workforce needs, and funding that could be provided to support your Registered Apprenticeships.
Register Now Registration Deadline February 28, 2019. This workshop is custom designed for employers. Please register NOW to assure your spot and to ensure that we have space, refreshments and lunch for all participants.
No Charge for attending.
Admission price: Free Admission to All Attendees. Registration Required.
Location: 1225 Fellow's Place Boulevard, Columbia, MO 65201