Grape and Wine Industry Support
Practicum Site Application Form
A strong educational program is one that is closely tied to the industry it seeks to support. The VESTA program is successful because of the close relationship it has established with the grape and wine industry in the mid-America region and beyond. A continued close working relationship with the industry is essential for continued success of our students and your current and future employees.
VESTA seeks the involvement of leading members of the industry as field practicum sites, internship sites, student mentors, and future employers. VESTA mentors receive a small stipend for their time and expertise. In order to be approved as a VESTA Practicum Site, vineyards and wineries must meet the following requirments:
- Minimum 3 years as a Commercial Vineyard with 3 commercial harvests.
- Size of vineyard does not matter.
- Mentor must have a minimum of 3 years of vineyard experience
- 3+ employees (including working owners and temporary/part time employees)
- An active Barrel program or access to one at a neighbouring facility.
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Minimum 5000 gallons of production
- Willingness to provide a training experience for the VESTA student.
- Access to the following equipment: Crusher, Destemmer, Press, Filtration system, Bottling line, Pumps
VESTA National Center of Excellence
Karls Hall 201
Missouri State University
901 S. National
Springfield, MO 65897
Approved VESTA Field Practicum sites are listed on the VESTA website. To see all approved sites, please click here.
VESTA looks forward to working with you as together we assure the continued development of a knowledgeable and well trained workforce for the grape and wine industry.